The final five games of the 2013 J1 Season for the Top Six & Bottom Five
56 points (GD +20); 2 Home 3 Away Remaining Yokohama
- Finished with 14 points (W 4 D 2 L 2) from a possible 24 against other teams in the top five; five unbeaten; next four all against bottom half teams; it’s in their hands.
54 (+17); 3 Home 2 Away Urawa
- Finishing with a wet sail? Four unbeaten; three to come at home; have to keep their nerve and can’t afford any slip-ups considering
’s friendly run-in. Yokohama
53 (+19); 2 Home 3 Away Hiroshima
- Out of their hands after loss to
snapped three game winning streak. Three tricky away trips
left, will probably need to win them all. Yokohama
4. Cerezo 50 (+19); 2 Home 3 Away
Tosu A, FC Tokyo A,
H, Kashima H, Hiroshima A Urawa
- Ten unbeaten in the league, but they may end up cursing the five straight draws between Matchdays 22 & 26. They probably can’t win the league but their last three could have a big say in who does.
5. Kashima 50 (+6); 3 Home 2 Away
- Three game winning run halted by
; Davi suspended for next game. Will probably need to win all five
but last two very difficult on paper. Urawa
48 (+11); 2 Home 3 Away Kawasaki
H, Shimizu A, Urawa A, Oita H Yokohama
- Best hope is third, but they’d love the title race to come down to the last day and spoil
’s party at Todoroki. Yokohama
14. Tosu 33 (-16); 3 Home 2 Away
Cerezo H, Iwata H, Kashima A,
H, Urawa A Kofu
- Safety not yet assured but Shonan not showing enough to suggest they can overtake them. Probably a good thing, as three left against top five teams all with plenty to play for.
30 (-12); 3 Home
2 Away Kofu
FC Tokyo H,
A, Omiya H, Oita A, Tosu H Nagoya
- Probably only need two more wins to ensure survival, three winnable home games equals ample opportunity. No games left against top six sides, expect to see Ventforet in J1 in 2014.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
16. Shonan 25 (-23); 2 Home 3 Away
- Three game unbeaten run halted by Cerezo; next game is absolute must win to keep hope alive. Vast improvement from 2010 but probably not going to be enough.
17. Iwata 20 (-12); 3 Home 2 Away
- One win in last 14; relegation will be confirmed if they lose to
and Shimizu beat FC Tokyo in
Matchday 30. Kofu
Relegated - 18.
13 (-30); 3 Home
2 Away Oita
- Just their second win of the season on Saturday; need two points from final five to pass 2012 Sapporo and avoid the worst finish in single stage era history, could see them drawing at least two of the final four.